I call Valentines day a "holiday" in as loose a definition as possible. I mean, it's not really a holiday for everyone is it? it's a holiday for smug couples. It's not like I'm against it, I mean ,if I were dating someone I'd a least want a bloody card, but when you're single on Valentines day is kinda like waking up to a giant F**k You!
I've been single through most V days in the past few years (a sad commentary on my love life, but that's another blog) so I'm totally used to it, and my jaded sense of humor seems to get me through, but I do sometimes end up feeling like a second class citizen.
"No I didn't get any roses or chocolates, the only Valentine I got was from my Parents and the last thing I want to do is eat chocolate and watch Love Actually because those two things alone will all but guarantee that I'm single next year too!"
If you are celebrating the pink and red "holiday" tomorrow I wish you well. Be sure to have lots of chocolate, that way maybe you'll get fat and be single next year and I can have your Man (just kidding...kinda.)
One of the great things about V day is that you can forget its February and snowing and miserable. You can eat what you want, snuggle with your love of the moment and enjoy an unabashed excuse to be romantic. Have a lovely heart-shaped day and I'll see you on the other side...February 15th.
No comments:
Post a Comment