Saturday, May 1, 2010

Sleep Walking Through Life

I know I say this a lot but things really can change rather dramatically in just a couple of weeks. I'm back working full time (although it's a temp job) and am also still working in the store. This seemed like a good idea at the time, but after working all week and having to work all weekend, I'm a little less enthusiastic. I suppose it's just my luck that we had someone quit who was unwilling to give any notice...yeah, nice huh?

It's one of those days where I just want to curl up with a book and stay in my Pj's all day. Unfortunately I just can't do that today. The rain is coming down in buckets which means the mall will be packed with annoying, selfish, bitchy people with whom I must pretend to be friendly. Hey, maybe if I'm rude I'll get fired and I won't have to worry about giving up my next two weekends...now that's an idea.

As this relentless work schedule continues I believe I will become almost impossible to live with. I have to get up at 5:30 during the week and up at 7:00 today and tomorrow so I can work out before my shift. I know in the long run this really isn't that bad, but as someone who likes a good 12 hours sleep, the lack of it is irritating to say the least, and down right debilitating to say the most. It could be worse. I have a friends who has insomnia and the mere thought of that terrifies me.

Anyway, Gotta suck it up, take the money and hope it'll help pay for Grad school. Eh, the treadmill is calling. Is is possible to sleep while on the treadmill...now that's something I may have to put to the test.

No comments: