In the back on my mind I thought that I probably wouldn't get in to any of the school I applied to, and that as least I made the effort. I was quite literally gobsmacked when I got a little email telling me I was in "unconditionally". I've kinda always thought I was a hack when it came to writing, like when I was younger and thought I could be a singer only to have a friend say "no" when I asked if I had a good voice. I feel like I'm finally beginning to get my sh!t together and am really excited to actually have a plan (even if it's only for a year.)
I haven't made a decision yet. I think I'm going to wait to hear back from the other schools before I make a decision. All the programs are brilliant but I just want to make a educated decision. Anyway, I can now see part September which is quite exciting. Whatever happens I will most likely be in England for the next year or so. Who know what adventures I will have and what trouble I will get in. And who know how much this is all going to cost!
I keep going out shopping, only to not buy anything 'cos I have to somehow come up with $14,000 for my tuition (board is more!) Thank God for school loans, that's all I can say!
I got some lovely comments from my friends and friends of friends who wished me well. It's nice to know people are rooting for you, even when you are a whiny, self indulgent blogger!
I'll keep you updated on the outcome of my other applications (whether you want to know or not) and will hopefully keep blogging all through my program. Teehee I'm so excited!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment