Now this may manifest itself in many ways...Doctor Who marathons that make the DVD player beep into submission...Obsessively reading Harry Potter until the next film comes out...and sometimes it comes in the form of Peter Pan.
I've always been a huge Peter Pan fan. It was one of my fave Disney cartoons and I remember distinctly crying on my 12th birthday because I didn't want to grow up (I still feel that way every Birthday!) Anyway, so I often find myself watching Peter Pan DVDs, reading the books (I have an antique copy of Peter Pan of Kensington Gardens from 1911 that I looooove) and when I was back in England over the summer i was lucky enough to go to Kensington Gardens and look for the statue of Peter. Below is a picture and it's something that i was so excited about I was bouncing around all day.
So if the economic times are getting you down, if you can't afford your morning Starbucks, if you haven't bought new clothes since March rent Disney's Peter Pan (the animated of better still, the live action version) or Finding Neverland and escape to Neverland, where you'll never grow up, live in a tree house, battle pirates and party with Faeries! It works every time.
I do believe in Faeries, I do, I do!
No comments:
Post a Comment