Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Rock Dweller

I woke up this morning to an email on my dating site account. It read:

"would you like me to F**k your P***y?"

That was all the message said, no "Hello my name is..." no "wow you seem like an intelligent and thoughtful woman", no "I think you're pretty" just the question of whether or not I would like this stranger to f**k me.

May I add here that this is a paid dating site that promises it's patrons the opportunity to meet like minded men and women. This site totes itself and the best place to meet the person of your dreams (although don't they all) and the way in which 1 in 3 marriages start.

So you can imagine my shock that I received this message that took my whole profile, likes, dislikes, witty observations and wishes for an intelligent partner, and whittled them all down to the fact that I had a vagina that needed servicing. Never mind that I have an MA, or a stand political and social issues. Never mind the fact that I can touch my nose with my tongue, dance the Charleston or hula hoop without a second thought. No, the sole attribute that interested this particular man, who must have spent a whole ten seconds looking at my pictures was that I have a vagina and he wants to f**k me.

When did it become okay to talk to people this way? Of course hiding behind a computer screen and keyboard enables a multitude of assholes to get their rocks off at whatever they happen to come across, but shouldn't members of a reputable and highly publicized website be somewhat protected? I would expect this sort of thing from a free website. Hell, I have received similar messages from a number of pervs, polygamists and prats on free websites, but really? I'm paying for this shit?

At least when a guy propositions me on a free website he simply asked "naked buddies?" as if he was just throwing out the idea and letting the chips fall where they may. That was positively romantic by comparison.

Needless to say I blocked the creeper, although admittedly I contemplated taking a screen shot an naming and shaming him on every social media platform known to man... maybe I'll do that to the next guy. Because whatever rock this guy crawled out from, his bound to have friends.

1 comment:

Vibha said...

It is unfortunate that no website really takes protecting their clientele seriously. But did you bring this issue to the website's management's notice? They should probably deactivate this guy's account or at least issue a warning.