This week has been pretty high on the shitty scale and Wednesday isn't even over yet.
My position at work was moved down to part time/on call status (code for soon to be unemployed) and one response to my resume was so blatantly honest (and dare I say tactless) that I burst into tears upon reading it. Perhaps the worst thing of all was that the unsolicited advice was accurate and the writer's ability to see through me was alarmingly unnerving.
Do most people feel this lost when it comes to their career? I should really say job, I don't think my limited experience as an office dogsbody really constitutes a career. I really don't know what I want or what I'm good at. All i know is that I've hated every job I've ever had since I was 16. It must be me. Maybe I'm just destined to be perpetually unhappy.
A cake arrived at work today. I read it on a co worker's linkedin profile. Funny how something as stupid as cake and make me feel separated from the group. Today is the first of what I can assume to be many days off. I've instantly become a second class citizen in my own office. I'm sitting at home in sweatpants watching old episodes of Downton Abbey.
The upshot of all of this is that I have fixed my resume and re-written my linkedin profile. Tomorrow I'll get back to applying for jobs and trying to find contacts. Tomorrow I'll be determined and feisty but for today, it's back to Downton for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment