Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hair Raising


I dyed my hair for the first time yesterday at the age of twenty seven. Well, that's a wee bit misleading. I have two previous attempts from my past. Once when I inexplicably wanted blue hair. I used semi-permanent dye and it just turned out brown. My Dad didn't notice until it was almost all washed out. "have you done something to your hair?"

Later I decided I wanted to do the whole two tone thing that was sweeping the celebrity world at the time. I dyed the underneath of my hair black...but it was just a dark brown again. So needless to say my attempts to try and change my hair colour have been pretty half arsed. Until not, that is.

I keep glimpsing my face in the mirror and get a shock every time. My pale ginger hair is gone, replaced with an almost luminous red. I like it a lot and am surprised that such a simple thing can make me feel so different.

Having only had it for 12 hours it's a bit much to claim it's changed me in any way, but at the same time I do feel different. I feel less willing to put up with bullshit. I don't look like a girl who would, so I won't. Does that make sense? no, probably not. But still, I'm a happy girl.

No comments: