To you it may be a cheap gold chain and a scratched gold pendant but to me it represents an entire person. You may scoff at the scratch on the front, and the fact that the diamonds are dull, but every scratch and chip is the result of the life that left it behind. The fact that it was worn every day, loved every day and played with by me when I was so young I could barely reach it is important and should be respected.
If I am no longer able to have it then I ask simply that you put it into the hands of someone who will love it. Don't let it be picked apart for it's diamonds, or melted down for it's gold. Don't let it sit at the bottom of a storm drain or under a fridge at a supermarket. And if I haven't used up all my good luck, please send it back to me.
Sincerely,
Heartbroken
1 comment:
Oh Hannah, I am so sorry to hear this. May, by some stroke of good luck, you get it back!
Post a Comment