I prayed for you, you know. When you were in hospital. Suppose it didn't really do you much good. Maybe God doesn't answer the prayers of people who aren't sure if they believe or not. Seemed odd having your service in a Church. Every other word out of the Priest's mouth was God and I found myself wishing he'd stop talking about him and talk more about you. That's probably sacrilegious or something, but as someone with little experiences in churches I don't really know.
Christmas is going to be weird. I know you wish it wasn't but it will be. I can't quite bring myself to write a Christmas card for Grandad because I can't put your name on it too. Is that strange?
I'm still having a lot of fun at Uni. You never did get to make the trip up here. You would have loved it. Loads of shopping places and cafes with amazing cakes. I know you couldn't go too far without wanting to stop for cake. You always said it was because you got tired, but I always thought you just had a radar when there was coffee and sweets within a 10 ft radius.
I'm going to try and keep in touch with Margaret for you. Hopefully we'll get a chance to visit her at Christmas. I'm sure the last few months have been hard for her too.
I'm sorry I didn't get to see you before you left. I tried to get back in time but as usual you had your own timetable you wanted to keep. I tried to call as well, but your mobile was off. Maybe you planned it that way, I'm not sure.
I'm not sure why I'm posting this letter online. You always had a love hate relationship with the Internet, but this is the only way I can think to get it out into the void. I hope wherever you are you are happy and not in pain any more. I'm not sure what I believe but if you are watching over me please look away when I'm drunk, I think that will just embarrass us both. Love you loads forever.
Hannah xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment