As the scent of pumpkin pie wafts over me (from the air freshener in my room) I find that I'm quite content today. While the panic and stress of unemployment still hangs on in the recesses of my mind, for now I'm excited by the prospect of change, and Fall.
I finished my grad school essays this weekend. After seemingly hours of staring at a blank screen with an expectant blinking cursor, I had a brainwave.
The essay needed to be about the personal journey I look in order to make the decision to apply to grad school. I though of no better explanation that my disastrous year since quitting my job. I think it's quite a compelling read (if I do say so myself) and hope it will enable me to get into the school of my choice.
I have to get back to finishing as much of my story as possible, I'm hoping for another brainwave to make it go a little faster but I don't think you get more than one of those in a week. Do you?
No comments:
Post a Comment