Monday, January 16, 2012

1 Step Down, 6 To Go

Occasionally an article comes to your attention that you feel has somehow been written for you at the very moment you need it. For me, today on my lunch break, this article has fulfilled that ominous void:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/13/on-the-wrong-path-6-steps_n_1204795.html?ref=women

For those few who read this blog on a regular basis, the news that I'm feeling a little lost will not be much of a surprise. Except for a rather fantastic year in Newcastle last year, I've been perpetually lost since graduating from college back in... gulp... 2006.

I understand that life is about the journey, that the process of figuring yourself is the fun bit but does it always take this long? how do some people know what they want to do at 15? Is going through a series of soul crushing jobs really the best way to stumble upon something that you actually enjoy?

I really don't have an answer but think this article might be pointing me in the right direction. I can't pinpoint exactly what I don't like about my life but I do know I'm determined to fix it. I don't have a plan yet and I don't know how long it will take me to formulate one.

My Dad keeps telling me that Australia are looking for young professionals. I don't know whether this suggestions is simply to get me as far away as possible from his couch and control of the TV remote. It's an idea but not one I'm super keen on. If I'm going anywhere it's probably back to the UK... or maybe LA. I could do with a little sunshine.




No comments: