In three months time I will be in Newcastle, trying to get to grips with a new city, new people and a new life. The excitement and terror seem to come in equal measure but occasionally, like now, I get this immense sense of overwhelming excitement that makes me want to scream "I'm going to Newcastle University. I'm going to study writing and things will never be the same"
If small choices and decisions can have a massive effect on our lives, what about the enormous ones? Do the consequences of big decisions leave a larger dent in our lives? or does it just change how we perceive these choices?
I am constantly second guessing myself. Whether it's wearing a black shirt or a yellow one to work or what I'll have for lunch and all the way up to crippling financial decisions, I'm always second guessing myself. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't have doubts about moving to a place I've never even visited, a place where I know no-one and have no safety net. But I'm doing it anyway.
Life moves quickly. I can't imagine where the last four years have gone and how fast time has slipped away from me. Only three months left to an immense change in my life. I think for the first time excitement has outstripped fear. I'm looking forward to not knowing. Maybe not knowing is the best possible thing I could wish for.
No comments:
Post a Comment